Quarterback Club of St. Augustine to host Inaugural Bradley M. Frederick Memorial Fishing Rodeo
The Quarterback Club of St. Augustine High School will host its inaugural Bradley M. Frederick Memorial Fishing Rodeo at Hopedale Marina, 7600 Hopedale Hwy., St. Bernard, LA, 70085 on Saturday, July 13, 2019 from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The categories are trout, redfish, sheepshead and drum. Up to $500 in prizes awarded for largest fish overall: 1st place $300 and 2nd place $200. This is a fundraising event and the proceeds will be used to assist the needs of the St. Augustine athletes.
Entry Fees are: Early Bird (First 50 Registrants by June 12, 2019, includes Captain’s bag with T-shirt) Adult – $50, Child (13 and under) – $25; After June 12, 2019: Adult – $60, Child (13 and under) – $35.
Weigh-in begins at 2:00 p.m. All participants must be in line for weigh-in by 3:00 p.m. The rodeo party begins during weigh-in and will include food, music and raffle prizes.
Payment methods are PayPal (email@example.com), Cash App ($QBCLUBOFSA) and checks made payable to Quarterback Club of St. Augustine.
T-shirt and Captain’s Bag distribution is Saturday, July 6, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at St. Augustine. High School.
Adult Males Adult Ladies Children
Heaviest Trout: 1st, 2nd, & 3rd 1st, 2nd, & 3rd 1st, 2nd, & 3rd
Heaviest Redfish: 1st, 2nd, & 3rd 1st, 2nd, & 3rd 1st, 2nd, & 3rd
Heaviest Sheepshead: 1st, 2nd, & 3rd 1st, 2nd, & 3rd 1st, 2nd, & 3rd
Heaviest Drum: 1st, 2nd, & 3rd 1st, 2nd, & 3rd 1st, 2nd, & 3rd
1st, 2nd, & 3rd place plaques will be awarded.
- This Rodeo will take place rain or shine.
- It is the obligation of each fisherman to adhere to all state and federal regulations, set forth by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.
- Fishing starts at 6:30 a.m. and ends at weigh-in 2-3 p.m.
- The only accepted method of harvesting fish is by rod and reel.
- Fishing is open in all bodies of water.
- Anyone acting in an unsportsmanlike manner will/may be disqualified based on ruling by rodeo committee.
- Location: Hopedale Marina, 7600 Hopedale Hwy, St Bernard, LA 70085
- No registered fisherman shall weigh in another’s fish as their own.
- No fish will be accepted that was not harvested according to rodeo regulations.
- No species of fish will be accepted that do not follow the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries laws and regulations * For a list of acceptable species to harvest, size limits, licenses, and regulations please visit: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov./fishing/regulations
- Weigh-in time is from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fishermen must be in line by 3 p.m.
Age Brackets for Registrants
- Anyone 13 years of age and under will be registered in the children division.
- Anyone 14 years of age and older will be registered in the Adult division.
These rules are put in place solely to keep all competition between registered fishermen fair and to have a common understanding. The above are not intended in any way to deter or limit registration and/or competition.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.