The St. Augustine High School Athletics Department announced that eight student-athletes signed letters of intent on Wednesday, February 6, as part of the school’s National Signing Day event. The following student-athletes commit to playing football at the college and university level.
- Ted Melson | Lamar University
- Tremayne Brown, Jr. | Louisiana College
- DeAndre Cooper | Langston University
- Christopher Confident | University of St. Francis
- Trevon Woodson | Tufts University
- Devin Coatney | Langston University
- Darryl Lewis | Millsaps College
- Shamaul McKnight | University of St. Francis
“These student-athletes have put together outstanding athletic careers at St. Augustine, as well as demonstrated academic success in the classroom,” said Nathaniel Jones, St. Augustine head football coach. “The entire St. Augustine community wishes them well as they continue with their athletic and academic careers. We are proud of these young men and excited to see what they will accomplish in their collegiate careers.”
Pictured left to right: Devin Coatney, Benet Pritchett, DeAndre Cooper, Ted Melson, Christopher Confident, Shamaul McKnight, Tremayne Brown, Jr.
Not pictured: Trevon Woodson
Signing day interviews:
Signing day event, part one.
Signing day event, part two.