The St. Augustine High School Student Council cordially invites young ladies enrolled in Catholic schools to participate in our upcoming homecoming week celebration. The 2018 Homecoming events get underway on Friday, November 2, and continue with our traditional varsity football game on Saturday, November 3, as the Purple Knights take on the Archbishop Rummel Raiders. The celebration concludes with the annual homecoming dance.
The St. Augustine Homecoming Court is an annual tradition that recognizes exceptional members of the St. Augustine student body. The student council members appreciate the participation of the young ladies that attend our local sister Catholic schools.
The homecoming court is selected through a multi-stage process that includes an application review and a vote by the St. Augustine student body.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Must be currently enrolled in a local, all-girls Catholic school.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 (4.0 scale).
- No visible piercings (other than ears) or tattoos.
- Letter of recommendation from a school counselor, principal or assistant principal.
Further, St. Augustine is hosting a homecoming court interest meeting on Friday, September 14, 2018, at 5 p.m. in the St. Augustine High School dining hall. We ask that all applicants attend the meeting with a parent or guardian. See below for the application requirements.
2018 Homecoming Court Application Process
In order to apply to the 2018 homecoming court complete the agreement form and email the following information to Kendall Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on September 14, 2018.
Please include the following in your application email message.
- Contact Information: Full name, email address, and telephone number.
- Parent or guardian name.
- Name of your school, grade level, and GPA. If a senior, indicate if you are running for senior maid or queen.
- List your participation in school activities and community service.
- Provide a brief list of your hobbies.
- Provide an essay not exceeding more than 100 words on the subject “My Future Plans.”
- Bring the signed agreement form to the interest meeting on Friday, September 14, 2018, at 5 p.m. in the St. Augustine High School dining hall.
Click here to download the 2018 Homecoming Court Agreement Form. Homecoming court agreement form
Celebrating 68 years of tradition, St. Augustine continues to grow homecoming week. This year we expect Homecoming 2018 to be a fun, spirited and a chance for the entire St. Augustine family to reconnect and celebrate. We look forward to your participation.
If you have any questions or require more information please feel free to contact Kendall Crawford.